Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day 17 - "Little Brown Jug"

Today I did my run at Hook Mountain and then attended the Nanuet - Pearl River High School Football game. I am a proud graduate of Nanuet Sr. High School, my wife Sue is a Pearl River graduate! The Nanuet - Pearl River "Little Brown Jug" rivalry goes back to the start of football at Nanuet, it's a tradition that is over 40 years old! What makes it even more special is that one of my best friends (JP Bonomolo) two sons (Matt & Bret) play for Nanuet. I am happy to say Nanuet won 28-0. In a pre-game ceremony, the Nanuet High School Sports Hall of Fame dedicated the new Jerry Leo Memorial Field Press Box.

In addition to the game and the press box dedication I took time to visit the Nanuet September 11, 2001 memorial, located on the school grounds. Like many communities in the Tri-State region, we lost a number of our alumni, parents of students and community members.

Day 17 Miles Run: 2.8 Miles

Total Miles Run To Date: 46.9 Miles
Total Miles Walked To Date: 10.5 Miles
Total Miles Walk/Run To Date: 57.4 Miles


No comments: